Monday, May 25, 2009

Eval: Week 1

So I have to admit I didn't stick to my recipes exactly. I didn't make it to the store to get all the ingredients so I used what I had on hand.
Lasagna: Made as directed (except I halved the recipe and made an 8x8 pan, and cooked the old style noodles b/c that's what I already had) and I thought it was pretty good. I'd make it again.
Risotto: I liked this. Very good.
Roast Chicken: I grilled this whole. I drizzled with oil and sprinkled with the dry herbs, squirted lemon juice inside and crushed garlic. But it was very good. For the veg I did sliced red potato and carrots tossed with oil, S&P and herbs, wrapped in foil and grilled too. Now that it's summer I like to grill a lot.
Sesame Noodles: I didn't have all the ingredients for this but used what I had and it was good. I didn't love it but it was good.
Sausage and Cornbread: I actually grilled the sausage. I added the garlic and lemon to the sauteed spinach. The cornbread was good but I didn't think it was flavorful enough. We ended up adding a pat of butter. (*gasp*)
Peanut Butter Bars: Didn't make. Forgot the cream cheese. Plus I can't find just plain 'ol chocolate wafers.

I actually thought this would be really easy to follow and I am findng it isn't so much. But I'll keep trying the recipes.
My goal is to start a food journal to keep track of what I am actually eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment