Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Easy Beefy

I made this slow cooker beef last week. Out of it I made cheesesteak sandwiches then I used the leftover beef and juices to make a very good and simple Shepherd's Pie.
I wanted to share it all with all of you.
Here's a link to the original recipe for the slowcooker beef:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Italian-Beef-for-Sandwiches/Detail.aspx#

From this I made the Cheesesteak Sandwiches:
I sliced the beef and pulled it apart. Placed some on hoagie rolls. I sauteed some onions and green peppers, added those on top of the beef. Then some provolone cheese. Popped it under the broiler for just a minute or two (you have to watch it closely so it won't burn). We then dipped the sandwiches in some of the juice from the roast.

Then a few days later I made Shepherd's Pie from the leftover roast and juices.
I made a roux (take 2 tbls butter, melt in pan, add 2 tbls flour and wisk, let cook a minute or two) then wisk in the beef juices, keep wisking until thickened. Slice the beef and add to the gravy. Make mashed potatoes. Thaw some frozen vegetables. Pour the beef mixture into a baking dish, top with vegetables then potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Wah-lah! Wonderfully delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment