Friday, May 14, 2010

You can't judge

So my son LOVES chicken nuggets. It's a staple in his diet. I know, worst mom ever! But seriously, if you don't have kids, you can't judge. Kids can be very picky eaters.

So we've tried several brands: Banquet (yuck!!! how can you remove all taste from a food?), Tyson (which wasn't bad...in the beginning, more on that later) and Yummy, Dinos.

Now we tried these Yummy, Dinos from BJ's Wholesale club because 1) they were cheap and 2) I had a coupon (always a reason to try something). And they were actually not bad. We all liked them. Then they ran out.

So I bought Tyson again because they were convenient and I had a coupon. They say 100% natural blah blah blah....they were SO GREASY. I couldn't believe it. We didn't notice before I guess. We struggled through the whole bag, Nicholas still liked them.

I bought the Yummy, Dinos again and started comparing the nutrition charts. OMG!! We'll break it down.

Tyson Nuggets Yummy, Dinos
Serving size 5 5
Calories 270 170
Cal from Fat 160 80
Fat 17g 9g
Sat Fat 4g 0.5g
Cholesterol 40mg 20mg
Sodium 470mg 360mg
Iron 0% 4%

Okay there you have it. Tyson is not so good even when it says All Natural, good for them and you. Check the labels carefully people.

Enough said.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That difference is amazing. Way to find the Dinos. They actually look pretty healthy. I mean, 5 nuggets for 170 calories and 9 grams of fat - plenty of protein?!?!

    I don't think you're a bad mom at all. My kids love nuggets too.... and now I want to go look at the bag of nuggets in my freezer... eek.

    ReplyDelete