Monday, October 18, 2010

21 Weeks

We had our ultrasound this week. It was so ex.cit.ing!! The baby is weighing about a pound and right on schedule. We saw the spine looking so nice. The baby waved it's little fingers, opened and closed it's mouth and stretched it's leg which both were tucked up and folded. The baby is sitting breech at the moment. This was a concern of mine with Nicholas so I just hope the baby will turn in the next 18+ weeks. The heartbeat was strong at 150 bpm. It was just so cool. I forgot how cool it is to see your baby in the womb. The baby was so active too. It could have something to do with the breakfast sandwich and decaf I had on the way. Ha!!

We opted for not finding out the gender. Joe asked me moments before if I would cave. But I like not knowing. I want to push the baby out and then say, "what is it?" And call the baby by it's name. The technician said it might have been hard to see because of the legs being folded up, so it worked out perfectly.

Can you feel my excitement? I think I needed the confirmation also that everything with this baby is developing good. And it is. So it's good.

Okay, about me. I am feeling good. Feeling big. I probably gained a ton while we were on vacation. We ate all the time! I was so stuffed after about every meal. But the german food was so good and I wish I could still eat it. But more about that in another post. Joe says we were so active, walking everywhere that we burned it off any way. I hope that's true. We'll see next week at the doctor's visit how much I gained this month.

I'll try to get the ultrasound pics uploaded soon. Be patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment