Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Imagination

The imagination of a 2 year old never ceases to amaze me.
We've talked with Nicholas about the baby coming. Nothing extensive just that the baby will come live with us soon and we've slowly been getting things around.
So this morning he's been carrying around his blanket and bringing it to me all wadded up, saying "baby." Not really getting what he was doing, I'd reply with okay.
Then I decided to show him how we will wrap the baby in a blanket. We got his Curious George stuffed animal out and we swaddled him. Nicholas held him.
Then Nicholas said he peed and we had to change diaper. So I got a diaper out and we needed a wipe and powder. Then we re-swaddled George and he had to sleep, in Nicholas' crib. Then we left the room. Well baby started crying so we got George out of the crib and brought him out to the sofa. Then he peed again! So we changed him and then he needed clothes. So I pulled out some baby clothes and we dressed him.
Now I want you to keep in mind that I am not prompting any of this. It is all Nicholas. Well George was swaddled and put back to sleep. We had to give him books in the crib and turn the fan on before leaving the room.
Then George was crying again. Nicholas wanted in the crib with him to read to him.
You have to understand my son. He is ALL BOY. He has never shown an interest in stuffed animals or dolls or babies. He loves trucks and trains and dirt and playing outside. So for him to come up with this and start playing like this just amazes me.
I hope this is good preparation for when the real baby comes.
Of course now he is in his crib with several stuffed animals and he's wrestling them. It looks like he is winning.
This kid cracks me up.

2 comments: