Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ohio Vacation

A couple of weeks ago we took a vacation to Ohio to visit family and friends. It was a 15 hour drive across 4 states. The boys did fabulous.
Part of the reason for our trip was my 10 year college reunion-May Day. We got lucky and the rain held off until the afternoon. We had a brief but good time back on campus. Then my wonderful friends hosted 3 families at their house for kiddie naps and some good conversation. Thank you friends. It was a wonderful reunion of friends and thier families. The kids were great together.
These are some friends at the ceremony; Jen, in back; Kendra and her son Ethan in front.
Here's Nicholas at the ceremony.



My friend Dri snuggling Alexander.


This is my mom and Alexander



Nicholas enjoying a cookie.


My dad with Alexander. Alexander wanted to eat so he is knawing on Grandpa's shirt.


We took a trip to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo during our visit. This is a lovely zoo if you get a chance to visit. It's not too big yet you feel it's worth the admission. They have a sky lift ride, boat ride and train ride as well as all the wonderful animals. It was easy to go through in 4 hours with a lunch break. Perfect for little kids.


Here's Joe and Nicholas on the sky lift ride.


Nicholas loved the mock safari vehicles sitting around. We had to all get in this one.
He checked this one out by himself. He had to pull all the levers and push the pedals.



Family picture.


Nicholas and Joe staying dry under a leaf in the rainforest.


On the train.

On the boat ride. Alexander took a nap on the rocking water.
Besides these two fun filled days, we took some time to hang out at Nana and Papa's house to play with the trucks and tractors and pool table. My mom and I went to get pedicures, which was lovely. We also invited over more family and friends to meet Alexander.

The trip was great. A true vacation for me as Joe takes Nicholas and my mom takes Alexander. I am relieved of my 24/7 mommy duties for a while. Thank you husband and mom.

We made it back in only 14.5 hours too. I am not sure we are anxious to do it again anytime soon but it wasn't hell.

Okay that was our trip. Thanks for visiting with us.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you and your family had a great time! Recently my family and I were able to experience all of the fun places to go in Ohio. Unlike you, my two were a little crazy during the car ride but once they arrived they were great. Did you get a chance to visit any of the amusement parks there?

    ReplyDelete