Sunday, March 6, 2011

Balance

Alexander is 3 weeks old already. Time and events are referred to as "before He was born" and "after He was born".
So how are things?
Things are going ok. Monday began the real challenge. All by myself with the two boys. My mom was here this past week but she is home now. I wish she could stay a month. Or better yet just not live so far away so that our time together could be more spread out. But unfortunately that is not the case nor will it happen.
How is eating and sleeping?
Well he sleeps really well, as a newborn should. I feel like the eating thing has been an uphill battle the whole way. A few highlights; cracked bleeding nipple, painful letdown, finger feeds. He just doesn't eat well at the breast. He gets lazy. He falls asleep. But he's still hungry. He just won't work for it. So he ends up snacking all the time. And it's frustrating. I would love to just sit and feed my newborn and hold him all day. However, life with a toddler does not allow for that. So my goal is to find balance. We all need to be taken care of, physically, emotionally and mentally. It's finding the right balance for us all. But it is exhausting to feed and pump and feed and pump. It leaves little time for anything else.
Have you been out with the two by yourself yet?
Why, yes. Monday I took Nicholas to MyGym. Of course I was trying to plan out feedings for Alexander. And of course he had different ideas. Luckily though he likes to sleep in the car so he slept the whole time. Even at MyGym. It was really nice because I didn't know how I was going to chase Nicholas and feed Alexander. MyGym is active for Mommies too. But it worked for this week. We'll try again next week and see how it goes.
How is Alexander?
I haven't described much of his features. He has auburn hair and when the light hits it, it looks reddish. He has Joe's wide flat nose. My head, it's small and round and so soft. I just love to touch and kiss it. His eyes seem to be turning brown. Go figure.
He is such a good baby. He likes to lay by himself and just look round.
He's getting long. Filling out his newborn sleepers. He had a dr visit last Friday. He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and 19.5 inches. So he grew an inch and is 7oz above birth weight. Thats good in my book.
He likes to suck on his thumb. When he finds it. I think he will do well with a pacifier. I am just waiting to get this eating thing settled before giving him one. We've thrown a lot of things at him in three weeks.
How is hubby?
What a guy. I could never do this without him. He takes so much on himself. He not only goes to work for ten hours a day, he comes home to a distraught wife, a super active toddler with meltdowns and a messy house. He takes care of us all. Gives me time to sleep and chill with Alexander. Plays with toddler and puts him to bed. Feeds baby. Gets ready for another day of work and does schoolwork. He is my Superman.




Okay here are some pictures. I haven't taken that many. I guess it's second baby syndrome.






Alexander with cousin Abbey


Me and my boys

Cousins: Abbey. Alexander, Nicholas and Noah

Cousins and Aunt Kerri

I'm 3 weeks old!! And losing the puffy newborn face.

No comments:

Post a Comment