Monday, March 14, 2011

Growing

When I upload photos they always go before my text. So photos will be first. Enjoy.










Oh, my sweet Alexander. You're one month old today. I can't believe the feeling of you moving inside of me is now a distant memory (as is sleep). You, my boy, are doing great. You have pretty much outgrown your newborn sleepers. You were swimming in them when we brought you home. Now you are stretching out your legs and filling them out. It's sad you wore them such a short time. But you are growing just as you are supposed to be. Your face and head look fatter. Your body is longer. You are heavier and meatier. You are just...growing. Yay for Mommy's milk. Your eyelashes are filling in. as is your hair. Which I am still curious how the color will develop.
The feeding has been challenging but I feel we may be settling into a rhythm of eating and pumping. However you still throw me sometimes. You are a champion (albeit slow at times esp. At night when you are sleepy) eater though and let us know when you want more.
You still love to sleep a lot either snuggled on us or in your swing. But you also love to just lay on your own and look around. You are still so relaxed. And for this I thank you.
You are just the sweetest thing. I am curiuos to know who you will become. What your personality will be like. I imagine you to be a gentlier spirit than your brother. To have you smile at me. Grab a toy. Wave your hand. I look forward to all these many things and so much more. But don't grow up too fast. You are my baby.
Nicknames I have for you: snuggle muffin, fat boy, beefcake, sweetheart, chompers.
I love you, Muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment