Monday, September 6, 2010

16 Weeks



Baby Facts: The baby is measuring about the size of an avocado this week and weighing in around 3 1/2 ounces. Wahoo!!



How are you feeling?

Physically? Medium energy, occasional nausea - mostly when I haven't eaten enough and I eat ALL.THE.TIME. Emotionally? Roller Coaster. Which quite frankly scares me. I was very hormonal after Nicholas was born and up until I stopped breast feeding at 6 mos. You could say I had post-partum depression. So I've been feeling hormonal lately. The other night I had a mini-breakdown which happened after I had another not so nice moment with the Porcelain King. Thoughts of: "I am tired of...: not having energy, feeling like yuck all the time, not being able to be everything I can for my son, for my husband, not having a clean house(or even some semblance of an orderly house), not connecting with my husband most of the time"...and the list went on and the tears flowed. Then I decided to make my mind go blank and fall asleep. I didn't wake up in the greatest of moods but the day started anyway. (Update: I wrote this several days ago and I am happy to report that my hormones have settled down....for now at least.)


Have you felt the baby move yet?


It's so hard to tell. The other day I thought I felt a bunch of flutters and another day I felt some little "punches." I definitely felt Nicholas at 19 weeks and it was a noticeable kick. So I am kind of waiting for that to say for sure.


Any other pregnancy symptons/signs?


Why, yes! First the good one, I have the baby bump. As you could probably tell from last week's photo I am getting a little "pouch" (as my mother put it). I didn't show with Nicholas until after 20 weeks for sure. And I was a little bummed about that. I wanted people to know I was pregnant. But now, oh, I don't know. I feel like I am getting big, fast and at this rate I will be HUGE come February. (Update: As I wrote the before stuff earlier in the week. Now, I feel like I can own this belly. Bring it on.)


Another not so fun sympton: heartburn. Why yes, I already have heartburn. I have identified at least one of the culprits: Tomatoes/tomato sauce. That's truly a bummer. Not that I love tomatoes themselves but I do love spaghetti and pizza. So for now, I am avoiding any tomato related foods and feeling heartburn free.


Any inkling to whether it's a boy or girl?


No! But I won't lie, we want a girl. So sometimes I think I am carrying a bit higher this time or think b/c of all the extra sickness (due to hormones) that it could be a girl. But in reality, there's no sure way to tell. So we'll just wait and see.


How are the clothes fitting?


Not so well since my bump arrived. I can still get into a few of my pre-pregnancy pants (ones that were big on me before). I look through my wardrobe for the longest tops I have. But I am feeling the itch for some new maternity clothes. I pulled my stash from last time and things just seem a little too big yet, especially the pants. So what did I do? I went online shopping. I am so excited b/c I ordered a TON of clothes, some sweaters for this winter and some leggings. I am going to try them. I even ordered a dress, not maternity, so I am hoping it will work. I'll keep you posted when the order comes in and maybe even do a photo fashion show, we'll see. For now, here's a belly picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment