Thursday, August 11, 2011

Should we?

So maybe it's too early to celebrate.
It's been one week since the poop in the closet, hasty decision to potty train.
It is actually going quite well. We have had no accidents since Monday. We have had successful poops on the potty all week.
Yesterday we even left the house in underwear! Wah hoo!
We went to MyGym. I thought this might be a good try because I knew they have the kids seat on the big toilets there.
We went pee right when we got there, it's a half hour a way. Then towards the end of the one hour class he said he had to pee. Yay!
He did fabulous!
He initiates it a lot but I am still encouraging often. I know he gets distracted.
He's wanting to do it by himself more. Pulling down his own pants.
I really can't ask for more than what he is doing.
He still in pull ups for nap and bed. He is not staying dry those times. But I am happy with what he IS doing.
It is actually going better than I envisioned.
I think it still makes me edgy. I am not sure I can totally trust him on his own with it.
But it's only been one week. This is a huge change for him.
Thanks to all of you for your supportive comments. Any mother that has been through this, knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment